Acknowledgements

When I started this wellness journey back in June of 2021, one of the givens that I established was that I was not going to pay for any programs, plans, or coaching. I am working under the premise that I got myself into this mess, and I can get myself out of it. I have mostly stuck with this edict through the last year with very good results. Now, that is not to say that I have not taken advantage of many of the free resources available on the Internet, on YouTube, or through social media. In fact, I have spent a lot of my time reading websites and watching videos. They have been very valuable and helped to educate me along my path. In this post, I would like to acknowledge some of the resources online that I have found most useful, in no particular order.

  • The Body Project - This was basically the first YouTube channel that I began to watch and use exercise videos from. The day that I started, I used one of the cardio videos that incorporates many functional movements, all while standing. I have really liked their format and use many of their free videos to this day.
  • Fit Father Project - This is another one of the first YouTube channels that I subscribed to, but was more focused on resistance training than cardio. A couple of the workouts that I use now, have come from their videos, including the Metabolic Resistance Training plan that I use a couple of times a week. Just recently, I discovered their weekly podcast, and find most of them quite useful and informative.
  • Autumn Bates - Her videos are quite entertaining and full of science-backed information about nutrition and intermittent fasting. Most videos are short and easy to digest. If you like to know the why along with the how, then these videos are for you.
  • Dr. Jason Fung and the Fasting Method - This is one of the more recent discoveries that I have enjoyed. Dr. Fung talks a lot about the health and weight loss benefits of intermittent fasting and how to make this a part of your lifestyle. I have read (actually listened to on Audible) Dr. Fung's book, The Obesity Code. There is also a podcast hosted by Megan Ramos with lots of useful information.
This is just a few of the resources that I have found useful over the past year. The Internet is full of people trying to sell you the next best thing, so do your research and find out what will work best for you. Leave a comment if you have online resources that you have found particularly helpful.

Comments