Who Am I

 As of June 2021, I am a 50-year-old father and husband. I have been married for almost 26 years and our two children are both in college. Over the years, we have enjoyed many outdoor activities together, such as camping/RVing, hiking, biking, canoeing/kayaking, and playing sports. As I have gotten older, I find myself being less and less active for some reason. I guess that I just don’t have the energy anymore. Even some of my more passive hobbies have become more difficult. While helping a friend build a model railroad recently, I found it difficult to get up off the ground after nailing wood together on the floor. Everyday tasks are requiring more effort than usual.


Back in March of this year, I was diagnosed with a benign tumor on my pituitary gland. This started causing problems with my eyesight as the tumor was pressing against my optic nerves. As I would find out later, the tumor was also causing problems with my hormones, especially testosterone and thyroid. More on this later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acknowledgements