The First 100 Pounds

Throughout the Winter of 2021-2022 I continued with my normal plan. Eating good quality whole foods, reducing sugar and refined carbohydrates, walking, cardio, and weight training are all a regular part of my weekly routine. Have there been times where I have not been very successful? Have I gained weight in some weeks? Certainly, and I am mod about it for a little while (just ask my wife), but eventually I just look past these little stumbles in the journey and continue to move forward and trust the process. Thanksgiving happens, Christmas happens, New Years Day happens, Easter happens, Thursday afternoon happens. It is not the end of the world and I can recover. 

I am kind of a math and technology nerd and love data. Therefore I collect a lot of data to help inform me about my progress. I wear an Apple Watch daily to track my steps as well as my Cardio Fitness level, heart rate, Move calories, Exercise minutes, and Stand hours. I weigh myself every morning using my Wyze scale connected via bluetooth to my phone and therefore my health app. I keep a spreadsheet on my computer of my weekly “official” weigh-ins. For many people, this may be too much, but for me, I like being able to measure my progress with so many different metrics. I get more gratification from seeing these numbers move than having my clothes fit better. Don’t get me wrong, I like being able to fit into some older clothes in my closet, but I dread the idea of having to go shopping soon. On April 3, 2022, my weight had reached 270 pounds (3rd 10%). That is 100 pounds in under 10 months!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acknowledgements