More Weight Please

 At the end of September, 2021 I had a follow up appointment with the ENT doctor from my surgery. He was happy with my healing thus far and informed me that I could start lifting heavier objects. This meant that I could start light weight training. I had some older dumbbells at home and ordered a bench from Amazon. After watching many YouTube videos and reading several articles online, I settled on a couple of plans that I liked from The Fit Father Project and Apple Fitness+. These were total body workouts that I incorporated 2-3 times per week. It included exercises such as squats, deadlifts, bent rows, bench press, shoulder press, and push ups. I started very light at first to get my strength up and make certain that I did not do any damage to my surgery area. Over time, I have gotten stronger and increased the weights I am using for these exercises. My weigh in on January 1, 2022 was 299 pounds (2nd 10%). That is the first time I have seen a number below 300 in quite some time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acknowledgements